Yield: Makes 8 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lb Broccolini (sometimes called baby broccoli)* or broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup low-fat chicken stock or low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, with a tight lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add the Broccolini and chicken broth, season with red pepper flakes.
- Bring this to a boil over high heat and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender (15 minutes)
- Remove the Broccolini and place aside, turn up the heat to medium high and simmer the broth until it’s reduced by half, pour this over the Broccolini.