This Spanish dish is great as a side dish or served by itself tapas style. If you’re a mushroom lover, then you’re really going to enjoy this!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 3-4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 12-15 slices baguette
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 ¾ lb (800 gr) cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Clean the mushrooms of any dirt and debris, and cut off the stems. Set the mushroom caps aside and allow them to drain. Finely chop the onion, garlic, and the parsley.
- Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Sauté onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms, flour, red
pepper flakes, parsley, and white wine. Simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Fry the slices of bread in the pan on both sides. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve by placing a couple of mushrooms atop each piece of fried bread. Spoon the wine sauce over the top and serve warm.
Calorie Tip: To lower the calories, toast slices of bread instead of frying them.