Prep: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (7-pound) semi-boneless leg of lamb
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Roasting Pan
- Meat Thermometer
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pat the lamb dry and score fat by making shallow cuts all over with the tip of a sharp, small knife.
- Pound garlic cloves into a paste with the sea salt using a mortar and pestle or meat tenderizer. Stir together with rosemary and pepper.
- Put the lamb in a lightly oiled roasting pan and rub your paste all over it (top and bottom). Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roast the lamb in the middle of your oven for 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 hours until a meat thermometer inserted two (2) inches into the thickest part of the meat (be mindful not to touch the bone) registers 130°F.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 15 – 25 minutes before carving. For medium-rare, the internal temperature will rise to about 140°F.
Want to know what to do with those leftovers? Take a look at my new recipe for Hot and Fiery Lamb Masala!